What does profile not verified mean?
At AngelList, we're constantly iterating on our security measures to prevent malicious users from accessing other users' candidate profiles. We regularly monitor our access logs but we also rely on your assistance to perform your own due diligence and help identify potential bad actors.
As you interact with other users on the site, here are some red flags to look out for. Keep in mind that this isn't a comprehensive list - bad actors are continuing to try new ways to get others’ personal data for illegitimate reasons.
- Any email purporting to be from AngelList that doesn't come from an @angel.co address.
- Someone representing a company but not doing so from an official company-related email domain, especially if they're using an email like "hr-recruiting.desk" at a free email provider.
- Someone saying your application has been accepted/you're hired before applying or interviewing for a job.
- Conducting interviews via text message or chat client.
- "Self funded" internships or jobs that require you to pay an application fee.
- Any company that sends you a check and asks you to wire money somewhere else.
- People privately offering a loan to you or your company through AngelList.
- Anything that sounds too good to be true.