What are the rules for using AngelList?
1. No spam.
Don’t spam introduction requests to candidates or applications to companies. There isn’t a hard limit here; we track multiple variables when making this determination. So long as you’re taking the time to read and only reaching out to others you feel are a good match, you will never be affected by this.
Don’t use job listings or applications to advertise:
- any commercial products or services
- “entrepreneurial opportunities” to start your own business
- advertise multi-level, affiliate, or referral marketing links
- training programs - even if they end in a position
- investment opportunities
- incubator or accelerator programs
- any other activity that isn’t specifically job related
2. No middlemen.
- This includes contingency posts, any 3rd party recruiters, and may include recruiting platforms.
- Don’t post jobs, apply to jobs, source or contact candidates on behalf of other people or companies.
3. Be fair and accurate.
- Jobs should list real compensation for currently open positions at active companies - nothing contingent on future funding.
- No concealing company information.
- Candidates and companies must accurately represent themselves - we may remove profiles or suspend access pending verification if necessary.
- Companies can’t charge application fees to candidates or require any kind of 3rd party site signup.
4. Be professional.
- Treat candidates, companies, and the AngelList team with respect.
- Don’t try to get around these rules or our terms of service
Violators may be permanently banned, potentially without warning.